Billings Forge Community Works (BFCW) is a driving force for community participation and empowerment in Frog Hollow through promoting access to healthy food; engaging youth; and developing employment opportunities and economically sustainable social enterprises.
Specific goals of BFCW include:
- fighting homelessness by improving housing opportunities for families and individuals in the Frog Hollow community,
- encouraging economic growth through business and enterprise development in the neighborhood surrounding the Billings Forge complex,
- the creation of job training, educational advancement, and employment opportunities for Frog Hollow residents,
- strengthening family health and vitality through education, counsel, and access to services,
- encouraging self help, civic engagement, and participation in every level of our community, and
- supporting a climate that values diversity, rewards independence, nourishes creativity, and brings all of us together.